Summers are for relaxing, traveling and getting away from the grind of our daily schedules but that doesn’t have to mean throwing your fitness goals out your American Legend Homes window. You can keep slayin’ it even while you’re on vacation! Here are a few easy ways to work out on vacation and keep it fun!
1. The morning run: There are many different places our families will be traveling to this summer, but all of these places have one thing in common! The ground beneath your sneakers! Morning runs are a great way to get your daily dose of exercise in while also exploring the places you visit. Get a feel for the area, see the different restaurants and coffee shops you can visit later in the day and take in the amazing views that your vacation spot has to offer.
2. Feeling beachy this summer? The beach is the perfect place to take your workout outdoors. Did you know walking on soft sand burns twice as many calories? Take a short walk to start, you’ll be surprised how difficult it is. Want something a little more intense? Join a game of beach volleyball or try something new like surfing. Surfing is a full-body workout and can be very challenging. Want something a little more Zen? Take your yoga practice outdoors and enjoy the breeze of the ocean air and the sand beneath your toes.
3. Schedule active activities: There are many options when it comes to activities on a vacation. If you’re in mountains, you and the whole family can find a hiking and biking trail nearby. If you’re on a lake, take the whole family out to canoe, kayak or paddleboard! Even a horseback riding adventure is good exercise! And these are all activities that keep the whole family moving, let you enjoy your vacation and give you a workout without even thinking you’re working out!
4. Get your steps in: Even if you don’t feel like planning your vacation around different activities, there’s an easy way to get a light workout in. Going for a simple walk counts as a workout! Walking is a wonderful workout and is so good for your body! Walking around a new city and visit different museums. At the end of the day, your body will be exhausted from all the walking you have done. And you’ll wake up feeling good as new!
5. Do you love Spin, Barre or Pilates? Look online and book a class at a local studio. Visiting a new studio gives you the opportunity to take your favorite class from a new instructor in a completely new setting. Mixing it up will keep your body challenged and make you feel like a local!
6. During your down time: Not getting in as much physical activity as you’d like on vacation? Take advantage of virtual workouts in your hotel room! In the age of technology, you can have your own personal trainer just clicks away with a variety of workouts you can find on the internet. If you want to keep technology out of the equation and unplug, some light body workouts will do the trick! Push-ups, crunches, Russian twists, planks…the list is endless and nothing is needed but your body and your drive!
It is important to stay fit and keep moving even in your down time. Since it’s vacation, though, make sure whatever you do is fun! Not every workout has to feel like a workout! It’s also much easier to get the whole family involved when you make these things a fun activity. American Legend Homes hopes everyone enjoys their summer vacation and is excited to see how everyone stays active!