If someone on your Christmas list has just purchased a new home, there are several items that can make being a new homeowner easier. Help new buyers settle into their home with both thoughtful and practical gifts.
With the holidays quickly approaching, American Legend Homes wants to provide some creative ideas on gifts new homeowners would be forever grateful for. Here are just a few suggestions, at varying price levels, that we think every new homeowner would be happy to receive:
1. Blankets/throws: There is no such thing as too many blankets! Now that it’s getting cold outside, it is officially cuddle weather. Gifting a warm, snuggly blanket or throw is the perfect gift this Christmas because they are both functional and decorative. A nice throw can add texture, color and warmth to a room. And they can be placed casually on chairs, draped dramatically over sofas or placed in baskets around the house.
2. Cordless robotic vacuum: A cordless robotic vacuum is something that every house could use, especially since these can typically be programmed to work autonomously. Other benefits? They work on all kinds of surfaces: carpet, tile and wood. And they detect all types of dirt and debris. But the primary benefit is their ability to minimize the amount of work homeowners have to do! So not only are you giving the gift of a high-tech vacuum, but you’re also eliminating the burden of having to complete the chore of vacuuming!
3. Wine rack: Wine bottles can take up a lot of space in the fridge and can look cluttered on the counter. Take the mess away by gifting a new homeowner with a wine rack to store all their favor wines. This gives that wine a designated place to go in their new home and also gets it ready for guests! Wine racks come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can find one to complement any look. (And, of course, complement the wine rack gift with a couple of bottles!)
4. Candles: This may seem like a simple suggestion but every new home needs candles. They provide long-lasting enjoyment as they are fragrant over a long period of time. They are available in a number of price points. They add to the style and look of a room if they are in a unique jar. Plus their scent and glow add to the warmth of a room.
5. Grilling set: Do you know a new homeowner who is also a grill master? If so, a grilling set is the perfect gift. Most grill sets include spatulas, tongs, grill brushes and basting brushes. Get creative with your grill master and consider adding a meat thermometer, wooden planks for grilling fish, a variety of rubs or even an outdoor grill light.
6. Baking tools: Every new home needs a stocked kitchen and here are the most popular tools for even the most novice bakers. Standing and hand mixers are a must for anyone regularly baking homemade treats. But if you are looking for less expensive gifts, try these: a kitchen scale, silicone baking mats (your cookies and pastries will slide right off!) along with silicone spatulas and whisks, cookie scoops and cooling racks, or a set of colorful measuring cups and spoons.
7. Cutting board: A well-made cutting board can make or break a cooking experience. A stylish wooden cutting board can complement any kitchen not only as an essential kitchen tool but also a form of expression. Many wooden cutting boards incorporate carved designs and you can also personalize a wooden cutting board by getting it monogrammed.
8. Baked items: If you are looking for a truly sweet treat, stop by a local bakery and pick up some fresh pastries, macarons, mini-cupcakes or cookies. Who wouldn’t love that?
No matter what you decide to gift a new homeowner this holiday season, it will truly be appreciated because it comes from the heart. Best to wishes to all new homeowners from everyone at American Legend Homes!