American Legend Homes is excited to announce that the second-longest golf course in the world(!) opened recently in our RainDance community! Fred Funk, a winner of eight PGA Tours and nine PGA Champions events, along with golf course architect Harrison Minchew, designed the 18-hole RainDance National Resort & Golf in Windsor. The course makes RainDance a premier golfing destination. If you are looking for a few reasons to hit the course at RainDance, here they are:
1. “In total, RainDance features about 225 feet of elevation change from the 5,000-foot highpoint on the first hole to the 4,775-foot-high lake on the fifteenth; for perspective, that’s over 40 percent greater than the celebrated elevation changes at Augusta National,” Minchew told Golf Course Architecture. “It is the most natural golf terrain I have ever worked on. I have designed 75 golf courses worldwide and never have had such a great piece of land.”
2. The course is routed so that it returns to the clubhouse three times – at the ninth, twelfth and eighteenth holes. This allows golfers to play loops of three, six, nine and 12 holes.
3. Its mountain peaks, high plains and open valley give the course a beautiful backdrop.
4. The course includes a 65,000-square-foot putting green and competition short game area. It’s connected to the ninth green and has six bunkers.
5. According to k99.com, the 18-hole course and its vast layout are located above the Cache la Poudre River and cover more than 300 acres. “The most incredible parts of the course are in and around the over 1000-year-old arroyos. The way the course will play (plus, the way they're designing things to preserve those arroyos and other native plants and parts of the land) is a great part of this whole process…”
6. 9 Newsquoted Funk as saying: “With five par fives and the course’s length, it’s not going to be easy to play. It’s gonna be a challenge but at the same time, I want the guys to walk off of that 18th hole and say, ‘I can’t wait to do that again.’"
This one-of-a-kind community doesn’t just feature impressive golf opportunities. It has a long list of unparalleled amenities including 52 acres of orchards and farms, parks, stocked fishing ponds, miles of trails and resort-style amenities including an event center and its very own restaurant. Everyone loves lounging around at the 1.5-acre RainDance River Resort, which features a lazy river, splash pad, two-lane lap pool, a shallow play pool, concession stand and weekly food trucks.
Make an appointment today to visit American Legend Homes at RainDance. And we’ll see you on the course (or at the pool, or on the trails or at the fishing pond…) you get the idea!