Just like the backdrop of a play or movie set, tablescaping creates the atmosphere and sets the tone for a holiday meal. And with all eyes on the dining room table, tablescaping plays an important role in getting and keeping everyone together
While preparing for the holidays can be exciting, it can also be stressful. Creating a unique tablescape is an easy way to elevate your entertaining space and it’s as easy as setting the dinner table, but with a little extra flare. Your tablescape can be as simple or as extravagant as you want. And American Legend Homes is here to provide you with beautiful tablescape design ideas to help put together your Thanksgiving backdrop.
1. The base: The base of any dinner table includes a tablecloth, place mats or a runner. Choose one in any pattern or fall color scheme and it’s certain to complement the menu items you present your guests and help set the mood of the meal.
2. Focal center piece: It’s common for a festive floral arrangement to be chosen as the centerpiece of a holiday tablescape but there are other options to explore as well! Thanksgiving can be represented with so many different creative visuals like pumpkins, gourds or fall leaves. Try incorporating recycled bottles with dried wheat and greenery, or even feathers for an unexpected look. Whatever it is you choose, it will be beautiful! There is no wrong answer when it comes to centerpieces.
3. Candles: Candles create the warm atmosphere that Thanksgiving thrives on. Some hosts choose the classic tall candlesticks but even a selection of small colorful votives will add to the table. If you aren’t comfortable with having lit candles around guests (especially small children), choose battery-powered candles to give off the same look and feel.
4. Decorative plates, napkins and cups: Colorful or patterned plates and napkins are another tool to add to your tablescape. A simple white plate can lighten up a table and coordinate nicely with a fall-colored napkin and patterned salad plate. You can also choose serving platters in fall colors or with decorative fall patterns. Use twine instead of a napkin ring and slip in some greenery from your very own garden, or incorporate these charming homemade place cards. Substituting copper mugs for traditional water glasses also adds a seasonal touch.
5. Include the kids: Put the kids to work at gathering fall leaves to scatter all around your table. Or better yet, keep them busy before and during mealtime by using brown kraft paper as a tablecloth and letting them decorate their place settings with original Thanksgiving artwork.
A Thanksgiving tablescape, set within gorgeous American Legend dining and kitchen areas, is sure to get everyone in the mood for fall and create a feeling of warmth and welcome to everyone around your table. No matter how simple or extravagant your tablescape, we hope it inspires you and your guests for be thankful for family, friends and everything the holiday brings. Happy Thanksgiving from our American Legend family to yours!