Summer is officially over and we’re headed into everyone’s favorite time of year. We’re ready for cooler temperatures and we know you are, too. Grab your favorite oversized sweater and settle in with your PSL from your local coffee shop, American Legend Homes has five fun-filled first day of fall activities for you!
1. Decorate! One of our favorite things to do at the change of every season is decorating. Pull out your fall décor (if you haven’t already) and make your American Legend home feel warm and cozy. We love fall colors. Change living room pillows and throws to varying shades of orange, yellow, gold, brown and burgundy. Adding in these colors will bring warmth to your space and will instantly create that cozy feeling. Don’t forget to include pieces with different textures and patterns to add depth. Need some inspiration? Check out these ideas from HGTV.
2. Craft time. Make family time craft time! Get in some quality time with the kids and celebrate the first day of fall with a craft. Here are a few fun and easy fall crafts for kids. Our favorite is the tissue paper fall wreath. All you need are a few items from the dollar store including paper plates, tissue paper, glue, brown paper bags and some artificial leaves.
3. Nothing says fall like football. Football is big in Texas. Check the calendar and cheer on your favorite professional team, college team or your local high school. Most junior high and high school games are open to the public at a reasonable price. Pack a few blankets, make some hot chocolate and enjoy those Friday night lights!
4. Take a hike. American Legend Homes are conveniently located near several parks and trail systems perfect for enjoying the fall weather. Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, located in Plano, is a 200-acre park that is perfect for hiking and the park’s observation tower may offer a great view of some fall foliage. Spring Creek Trail in Richardson is a 4.5-mile heavily wooded and looping trail and North Shore Trail in Grapevine is one of the most popular hiking trails in North Texas. If you want to stay closer to home read our community descriptions to find out about the trail systems in our American Legend Homes communities.
5. Make a fall-inspired meal. There’s something about fall that makes us want to eat warm, savory (and sweet), seasonal foods. One of our go-to meals when the weather changes is this slow cooker chili. It’s comforting and hearty not to mention easy and there are usually leftovers! We love using the slow cooker because it frees us up to make a yummy fall dessert. We recommend pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls. The combination of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg paired with cream cheese frosting is heavenly.
Dust off our boots and decorate. Fall has finally arrived!