Today is National Fitness Day and we are excited to share unique ways to embrace varying levels of fitness. Fitness looks different for everyone but no matter what your level, fitness follows a basic formula: eating right, exercising and staying hydrated. American Legend knows that these things can get lost when it comes managing our busy lives so we have provided some ways to bring fitness back into your life for National Fitness Day! Here are 5 ways to celebrate your fitness:
1. Try something new: We all know there are little things we can do to stay active that make us feel good without interrupting our busy schedules. These things consist of walking the dogs, doing a quick 30-minute workout or going for a morning run. American Legend challenges you to add something new into your schedules that will contribute to your fitness routine. Try a yoga class at a local studio, do an exercise class on YouTube, take the dogs on two walks a day instead of one. Today is the day to push yourself out of your comfort zone and try something new!
2. Add new tunes: Music is a major motivator when it comes to working out. A playlist can make or break how you feel your workout. It can be easy to find a playlist that works for you, pushes you during a run, makes you want to work harder when you are in the gym or even keeps you Zen during yoga. On National Fitness Day, try out a new playlist…who knows, you could find one that takes your workout to a whole new level!
3. Eat your way to health: Fitness isn’t always about the perfect workout. A major contributor to health and fitness is what you are putting into your body. There is no better day than today to push yourself and the rest of the family to eat healthy. Try out new recipes that are aimed toward cleaner eating. Here are 49 healthy (and quick!) recipes you can try from EatWell101.
4. Hydrate: Staying fully hydrated is just as important as eating healthy and exercising. Water is a major player when it comes to keeping our brains focused and our body capable of keeping up with our busy lives. Don’t believe us? Check out these important hydration facts.
5. Take advantage of what’s around you: Living in Colorado means access to a long list of outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking and biking that encourage movement. And American Legend incorporates community amenities that encourage a healthy lifestyle. Living in Hilltop 55+ at Inspiration means access to a community fitness center and yoga room. If you live in Kitchel Lake at Serratoga Falls, you’re surrounded by miles of hiking trails. Residents at RainDance can get moving on the highly anticipated 18-hole RainDance National Golf Club.
American Legend encourages you challenge yourself today and going forward, whether it comes to your workout routine, what you decide to eat today, making a new workout playlist or how much water you drink. No matter what your fitness journey looks like, we are excited to share these National Fitness Day tips and hope to see all of your families out and about, staying active! Now get moving!